With extreme care and faithfulness to Scripture, Peterson sets forth the case for eternal punishment and refutes four alternative views. A timely response to current denials of the historic position.
Table of Contents:
Foreword by John F. MacArthur, Jr.
Foreword by David F. Wells
- Hell on Trial
- The Witness of the Old Testament
- The Witness of the Redeemer (1): According to Matthew
- The Witness of the Redeemer (2): According to Mark, Luke, and John
- The Witness of the Apostles
- The Witness of the Church History (1): The Early Church Through the Reformation
- The Witness of the Church History (2): The Modern Period
- False Witnesses (1): Universalism
- False Witness (2): Annihilationism
- The Case for Eternal Punishment
- Other Pieces of the Puzzle
- What Difference Does It All Make?
About the Author
Robert A. Peterson (MDiv, Biblical Theological Seminary; PhD, Drew University) was professor of systematic theology at Covenant Seminary for more than twenty-five years. He has served seven churches as an interim pastor and is the author of a number of books, including Hell on Trial, Adopted by God, and Election and Free Will.
". . . convincing. I’m very grateful for this excellent work."
—John F. MacArthur Jr.
"At a time when the truth about hell is widely neglected, we have here a dose of down-to-earth biblical realism that we all need."
—J. I. Packer
"Professor Peterson has done contemporary Christians a real service. . . . a book of great importance and usefulness."
—Millard J. Erickson