'Who would have predicted that Christian churches would be infected by teaching as blatantly unbiblical as the Prosperity Gospel, an error which contradicts head-on the tenth commandment, and to which all believers should have an instinctive aversion? Yet this teaching has made strong headway'.
So begins this startling unmasking of the heresies of the Prosperity Gospel movement. Fourteen crucial principles of Christian teaching are shown here to be thrown aside and substituted by opposite ideas.
Here is the book that could deliver many earnest believers from falling prey to the prosperity teachers.
Table of Contents
1. An essential warning
2. Rejecting past Christian teaching
3. Appealing to claims of private revelation
4. Teaching myths about creation and the Fall
5. Distorting God's covenant with Abraham
6. Promoting wants over needs
7. Ignoring the sin of covetousness
8. Evangelising by trust in money
9. Replacing faith by will-power
10. Inventing wealth for Jesus and his apostles
11. Tithing as a means of getting rich
12. Perverting the Christian life
13. Making wealth the mark of God's approval
14. Ridiculing Christian contentment
15. Stimulating the love of money
16. A heresy to be avoided