“One of the greatest debilitating factors in current Christianity is the disappearance of the Prayer Meeting. This book will hopefully encourage pastors, individual Christians, and churches to rethink the issue and give themselves to a recovery of the great prayer engine which has energized the church since the First Century.” — Larry W. Dean, Pastor, Bridgetown Baptist Church, Nesbit, Mississippi
“The prayer meeting is the most necessary but neglected facet of Divine worship. Dennis Gundersen has written a practical and biblical guide to assist pastors in implementing or improving their corporate prayer meetings. I highly recommend it.” — Derek Melton, Senior Pastor, Grace Life Church, Pryor, Oklahoma
Table of Contents
- The Priority of Meetings for Corporate Prayer
- Everyone Together, Pray for Me, and Me, and Me
- How Should We Pray in Prayer Meetings?
- Proposals for Focusing a Prayer Meeting
- A Biblical Case for Regular Prayer Meetings
- Prayer Meetings and Those Who Lead Them
- Praying for Others
- Praying Under Pressure
- The Prayers of Epaphras
- Reverence in Prayer
- Access Is A Privilege
- Jacob’s Wrestling
- Calling on God to Act
- Why Are You Asking What You Ask?
- The King of Nineveh Calls a Prayer Meeting
- Jesus’ Prayer for Us – Growing in Holiness
- Our Lord Prays for Peter
- The Prayer of Manasseh
- Some Don’ts for Prayer Meetings
- A Prayer in Submission to the Will of God
- Two Kinds of Prayer
- Seeking Wisdom
- Rejected Prayer and Acceptable Prayer
- Why Do Some Prayers go Unanswered?
- The Lord Hears the Godly Man When He Prays
- Earth-Shaking Answers to Prayer
- Praying About Our Mouths and Hearts
- Devoting an Evening of Serious Prayer for Genuine Revival
- What Is a Burden?
- Why Is Prayer so Hard?
- Men of All Nations, Eager to Pray Together
- Pray Without Ceasing
- 1 Timothy 2:1-8: “First of all”
- Praying for those in Authority (1 Timothy 2:1-8, Part 2)
- Supplications, Prayers, Intercessions, and Thanksgivings for all men (1 Timothy 2:1-8, Part 3)
- Lifting Holy Hands Without Anger or Quarreling (1 Timothy 2:1-8, Part 4)
About the Author
Dennis Gundersen is President and owner of Grace & Truth Books. He has served as Senior Pastor of two Tulsa churches since 1984. Dennis is a frequent conference speaker and the author of Your Child’s Profession of Faith. He has been married to Naomi since 1976 and they have four adult sons.